Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Christmas in August

It is that time of the year again when you realize that in only 136 days it will be Christmas. I love Christmas, especially the pre-Christmas phase. Dreaming and getting all mellow just thinking about it. Christmas is a joyful time of the year. When I think of Christmas I think of good times and creating memories. Christmas is the best time of the year for me. Christmas means having fun with your family, spending time with each other, travelling from one place to the other, seeing all the beautiful lights, decorating the tree, singing along with all the Christmas songs, pondering on the Christmas menu, cooking & baking in the kitchen, setting the dinner table with all my Wedgewood, eating roasted turkey with all the trimmings, and buying presents for other people.

Nothing beats Christmas. Christmas means new beginnings.

To revitalize the mood I work on ‘Tis the night before Christmas – redwork stitchery quilt. Yesterday afternoon I traced the stitchery pattern onto the fabric. The right-side border is about 80x140cm. My arm is a little sore from all the tracing. I’m not used to holding a pen that long!

IMG_6159

I’m really enjoying making this quilt. Wouldn’t it be great if I could finish the top before Christmas? Girl, lets not get ahead of ourselves! Just enjoy the process.

2011_08_09

So, after dinner I went to Berna, and started stitching on the right-hand border. Naturally, Berna has started on a new project. It is a lovely pattern. Her embroidery is immaculate. I wish I was able to make such neat little stitches. If you want to see more of this quilt, go to her blog

2011_08_091

She also showed me the quilt she just finished sandwiching. She is now going to start quilting this beauty.

I love the little roll-up block keeper. I would love one myself. So I took plenty of pictures so that when I find myself a spare moment I can make one. Some of the ladies at the Dear Jane Club have one too. Only theirs are a little smaller than the one Berna has. Choices, choices. What would be handy, a small one or a big block keeper?

2 comments:

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, het was weer gezellig! Weet je, ik zou met een kleinere rol beginnen om je DJ-blokjes in mee te nemen. Als het goed gaat, kun je altijd nog een grotere maken.
En zou je me een paar foto's willen mailen? Ik zag gisteravond dat ik maar1 foto heb gemaakt :(
Fijne dag en vergeet niet een steekje te doen he vandaag. Deze maand kun je nog wat meters maken ;)!

Rennie said...

Ik kwam via Berna op je blog. Wat een mooie foto's. Omdat Berna ook in het Nederlands schrijft, heb ik dat ook maar gedaan. Ik geniet van je Christmas quilt. Easy girls there is every year a Christmas! Zo'n grote rol lijkt me toch wel erg handig. Ik heb je toegevoegd aan mijn volgers. Mijn blogadres is http://www.rennie-stitchinbitch.blogspot.com.