Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Wednesday – a Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook_old_700 Please visit The Simple Woman's Day book

FOR TODAY

27th of July

Outside my window... I wish!! Today it looks a little grey. This picture was taken last Monday morning. Still, I do see that the sun is really trying hard to push its rays through the clouds.

IMG_5628
I am thinking...wow, I got myself a Kindle (an e-reader). Amazed that I’ve finally taken the plunge. I think one follower will be surprised. Wondering if I will be able to part with the real thing or will I start making different choices.

I am thankful... for being able to buy myself a new totem (a diamond ring). A daily reminder that things eventually turn-out ok. As Mark Twain said ~ “All good things arrive unto them that wait - and don't die in the meantime”. Wink

In the kitchen... all the ingredients to try out a new recipe.

I am wearing... jeans, white t-shirt, blue sweater and a necklace. It is just too cold. According to the weather site it is 19° Celsius. But it feels a lot colder. I’m really cold. I know it is cold as the tips of my fingers look a little blue. I’m having a hard time believing it is really summer.

I am creating...another baby Jane: F8 – Church Window. Yesterday I completed H6 – Pie Sale

IMG_5646_F7_star struck

Really hoping that that Juud reads this blog.

I am going...on a little mid-august break with my mum. The vacation we had planned for September fell through because of my new job. That will start in September. We are going to Germany. Staying in a hotel in Meisdorf. 


Grotere kaart weergeven

From there we will visit Dresden, Leipzig, Magdeburg, and Erfurt. Maybe even do a round of golf.

I am wondering...actually about nothing. Isn’t that hard to believe?

I am reading... the same book as a couple of weeks ago. The distant hours by Kate Morton

I am hoping...that this ‘time’ will continue for ever. Feeling very bliss.

I am looking forward to... visiting to the Quilthoeve in Naaldwijk.

I am hearing...lots of birds chirping in the background & neighbours mowing their lawn.

Around the house...lots of quilt related stuff laid out everywhere. Yes I’m creating.

I am pondering...whether someone's theory might be right. Last couple of weeks some strange things have been happening. Last night a telephone central in the west part of our country malfunctioned. Emergency services like the ambulance & fire brigade weren’t accessible. Then there was a fire in a television sending tower some weeks ago. I mean if we can’t use internet, call or use our radio & television big chaos can break out and lots of people can get hurt. Communication facilities are essential during an emergency. Is someone preparing to attack us? We have just seen how much damage one person can do in Norway. How much damage can one person make if all communication facilities are down too? I’m amazed that know one has picked-up on this. No journalist anyway.

One of my favourite things...my study.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to the zoo with my sister and her kids. Meeting up with friends, catching up on all their doings. Lots of quilting.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
IMG_5665

Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance” ~ Dan Greenburg

1 comment:

Elisa Black said...

That is a lovely photo of your window, and a lovely Dear Jane block, too. I'm not a cat person, but that is a very sweet shot of your cat, too! Well, for all the change and challenges you've been through these last few months, I'm glad that things are now blissful. It sounds heavenly-- quilting, cooking, visiting with family, a trip to Germany-- and a new job to look forward to-- you deserve it and enjoy!!! I like these Simple Woman's Daybook posts.