Thursday, 14 July 2011

Thursday’s Simple Woman’s Day book

simple-woman-daybook_old_700 

FOR TODAY

July 14, 2011

Please visit The Simple Woman's Day book

Outside my window... another dreary day. From two glorious sunny, warm summer days Sunday and Monday we now are experiencing some real Dutch autumn weather. How can this be, as I’m sure it is summer, all my calendars are  saying it is Thursday morning 7am. It is very wet outside. The night before last we had a down pore of 60 mm. I can’t say how much rain we had in the last 24 hours as hubby isn’t awake yet. He collects the weather data Disappointed

I am thinking...how one minute you don’t seem to have any control over your life and the next minute you have it all back. I wish I had feminine power all the time. The power to create those things that are beyond our control.  I’ve been feeling powerless to create those things I value and care about the most: connection, belonging, creativity, self-expression, aliveness, meaning, purpose, and contribution. Thankfully I didn’t lose the power to create love, intimacy, virtual and spiritual connection otherwise I would have been real lost the last couple of months.

I am thankful...for family & friends (you know who you are) who stood by me and encouraged me to hold on and believe in myself. I’m also thankful for the beautiful flowers I received yesterday. I got these for helping a colleague. Wasn’t she kind to send me this? Isn’t this a compliment!IMG_5426

From the learning rooms...I should focus less on myself and focus more on ‘others’ – an area I will look into more is group interaction & cohesiveness. As well as micro-organisational resilience.

In the kitchen... another delicious summer berries salad is waiting for me.

IMG_5370

I am wearing... my pyjamas. Love those early mornings, before the hustle & bustle. Sitting behind my PC with a Americano and write this post.

I am creating... my future Party

I am wondering... if I could start a revolution and bring back MANNERS,TRUST,RESPECT,LOYALTY and RESPONSIBILITY. If you want to join my revolution, just let me know. I’m hoping to create a new fad.

I am reading...’the distant hours’ by Kate Morton

My quote for today…… As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. ~ Henry David Thoreau

I am hoping... to get a extra image centre-pivot roof window placed in my study. One of these:

imageI am looking forward to... the next couple of weeks, especially all the mini-quilting bees.

I am hearing... traffic in the far distance for the rest SILENCE.

Around the house...I really should clear up my study. There are books everywhere! My desk is a mess. Lots of clutter that needs to be cleared. I guess today is a good day to start.

I am pondering...about nothing! This is a surprise for me too.

One of my favourite things... The Krups Milk Frother XL2000.

A few plans for the rest of the week: shopping with a colleague/friend, Dear Jane, birthday dinner, household chores.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

IMG_3642

The best B&B in the world if you ask me.  

No comments: