Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Taking Part In The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

simple-woman-daybook_old_700

Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join Peggy  and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... a not so perfect summer day, yet at 7 am. It is grey and raining and you hardly hear a rustling sound of the wind blowing through the trees. According to the weatherman is will become better it will be mostly sunny and 18 degrees Celsius.

I am thinking... of how the meeting went yesterday and how hard it is to focus on the good things

I am thankful... for receiving a beautiful gift. It is so simple, but has a great effect on the self and on my soul. You are wondering what this gift might be. I got a small note book to write down the daily complements I received: ‘A complement journal’.

From the learning rooms... getting some insight on group dynamics, change management, culture and resilience of organizations.

In the kitchen... is waiting a bowl of fruit salad, a delicious coffee and Vitalu crackers with jam.

I am wearing... my pyjamas! I really need to get dressed and have breakfast as I have a appointment to go to!!

I am creating... a presentation and some Dear Jane blocks.

I am going... to the dietician and to the village to pick up some things I ordered a little while ago.

I am wondering... what life will bring me. Things are changing fast. It feels like I’m on a rollercoaster. Everything is so intense. My little mantra - Believe in yourself and act on your convictions. Don’t get me wrong though, I needed this change and I’m excited about what the future will bring.

I am reading...

image  image

image image

image


I am hoping... to settle in a routine again soon and that there will be less distractions from the outside world and just  “Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu

I am looking forward to... tonight, as I’m meeting up with Juud to work on our Dear Jane quilt. Also looking forward to tomorrow night as I’m meeting up with my old quilt bee.

I am hearing... rain taping on our BBQ

Around the house... everything is well organized so not much to do, except maybe convince hubby that his study – home theatre - might need some dusting before Saturday.

I am pondering... whether I should go on my bike or with the car. As it is raining, I will take the car.

One of my favourite things... my study. I love sitting here.

A quote I would like to share……
‘If only the finest birds in the forest dared sing, how quiet the forest would be’.

A few plans for the rest of the week: film & BBQ night coming Saturday, some meetings to go to, quilt bee evenings, gardening – the Endless Summer Hydrangeas need some TLC.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

tranquillity

wales2008-182341-0291h

And there you have it . . . my day book for this week. My first entry. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries!

5 comments:

Berna said...

Volgens mij vermaak jij je wel in je vakantie ;)

Elisa Black said...

I love your post, Helen! I definitely need to focus more on the simple things-- life so easily gets complicated and I have to confess that too often, I get caught up in the little things and lose sight of what's important. I am in my pajamas now, too (and sipping coffee--yum!!)
Once again, you shared some great quotes-- from Lao Tzu and the birds in the forest one. Have a great time with all your quilting friends in the next few days! Don't forget to add complements from your blog friends who comment to your new journal!!

Deborah said...

Joining you from Simple Woman's Daybook. I love the idea of a compliment journal. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day.

paula, the quilter said...

How do you like Kate Morton's book 'The Distant Hours'? I have read both 'The Forgotten Garden' and 'The House at Riverton' (which I just finished).

Catskill Quilter said...

Helen,this is a great post! No wonder I like to read your blog! I will check out the Simple...website. Thank you!