Sunday, 31 July 2011

Gratitude post – week 30

I’m thankful for my own personal Quilt frame easel (quiltbok). FIL was so kind to make one for me.

IMG_5865

Chuffed with these nieces of mine. We had a fun afternoon at the zoo yesterday.

IMG_5799

A mood-collage 2011_07_30_zoo

Very pleased with my progress on the Dear Jane. Had a delightful afternoon last Friday. You can read about it here. It amazes me how many Janiacs there are. Janiacs is a term used for those who are hooked on making the blocks from the Quilt made by Jane Stickle. Looks like I will be meeting up with another Janiac. After being a follower of her for many months, admiring her DJ & Phebe and our occasional e-meet, it looks like I will finally meet her.

Still a little exhilarated after saying goodbye to my employer this week. The career move is making me serendipitous. I realize however “There are times to cultivate and create, when you nurture your world and give birth to new ideas and ventures. There are times of flourishing and abundance, when life feels in full bloom, energized and expanding. And there are times of fruition, when things come to an end. They have reached their climax and must be harvested before they begin to fade. And finally of course, there are times that are cold, and cutting and empty, times when the spring of new beginnings seems like a distant dream. Those rhythms in life are natural events. They weave into one another as day follows night, bringing, not messages of hope and fear, but messages of how things are.” ~ Chogyam Trungpa.

Very pleased with my Krups Milk Froth maker.

2011_07_31_quiltbok

Enthralled as I have 31 days off before I start with my new job. 

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.  ~ Epictetus

2 comments:

Berna said...

Bofferd met je bok! Ik ben erg benieuwd hoe hij je bevalt. Als je goeie ervaringen hebt, zal ik mijn hubby ook eens lief aankijken ;)
Leuke foto's van de dierentuin!
Fijne week.

Phebe and Jane said...

31 dagen vrij... hoeveel blokjes ga je maken?
Groeten,
Marian