Sunday, 24 July 2011

Gratitude post – week 29

Grateful that the second part of 2011 is looking pretty good.

Joyous, as I can finally say after 525 days (or 1 year, 5 months and 10 days) that I can close this chapter of my life.  Besides being a quilter, I’m also a career woman. My job is important to me. The past 525 days I have had to reassess what I want out of my career, my job. In hindsight I can say I lost the courage to focus on that which aspires me. The ‘others’ seemed to have an hold on me. I settled for what I had and didn’t aim for all that I could achieve. I have to admit I needed a little encouragement in letting go, wasn’t happy initially for the shove but now I’m grateful.

I’m beaming as I got a new job! After applying for several jobs and having lots of interviews the past weeks I can now say that this was a successful endeavour. I’m finally going to do what I love, …. again.

Still feeling merry after getting two jobs offers. Had to do a lot of soul searching, but I made a choice Monday. Amazing how you perceive the world differently, when things are going your way. 

To treat myself and to remember this moment I got myself a present.

“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” ~ Orson Welles

In my case ‘every end is a new beginning’ and for that I’m thankful.

I’m also thankful for the help that I received from a good friend and from hubby.  I’m liking my study more and more.

2011_07_23_study-1

I’m still feeling elated! It is hard to imagine I will be in Houston in 99 days for the International Quilt Festival and meet Amy as well as the quiltmakers that I’m going to interview for the AAQ.

It is a little hard to write this post as I’m sooooooooooooooo grateful for the big things that it is a little hard to focus on the little things.

I’m absolutely chuffed that I now have six week off to enjoy all those things that I haven’t been able to do the past 525 days.

2 comments:

Berna said...

Heerlijk dat het tij gekeerd is. Ben benieuwd naar de details ;)
Heb gisteren een nieuwe quiltwinkel bezocht. Geweldig! Echt wat voor jou. Fijne week en geniet van alle gebeurtenissen waarvoor je nu tijd hebt om ze tot je door te laten dringen.

Ruth's Place said...

Congrats on the new job!

Your sewing space looks great, I'm a tad jealous. :)