Monday, 11 July 2011

Christmas in July

Tonight Berna & I worked on our Christmas projects.

2011_07_11

It has been sometime since I worked on this stitchery. Once I got started I remembered how much fun it is.  I nearly completed the top panel tonight. I only have to stitch the sleigh that is filled with presents. The finished quilt will look like this. That means I still have to do 3 more panels.  

imageThe Crab-apple Hill designers stitched Santa's village on a 148.6 cm x 199.4 cm (58 1/2" x 78 1/2") quilt in redwork. They stitched a toy factory, candy maker, bakery, elves bunkhouse and the reindeer stable! Can’t wait to start on the next panel. If you want to order the pattern or read more about it, just click here.

As you can imagine, this gets me in a Christmas mood. You do know that it will be Christmas in only 166 days. Let the countdown start!

3 comments:

Berna said...

Oooooh jij bent echt erg (snel)!! Ik wilde er net voor gaan zitten en had dezelfde blogtitel in mijn hoofd. Die ga ik ook maar gewoon gebruiken. Het was gezellig!
Groetjes!!

QPT said...

Wow!!What a beautiful Hand work!!!
Christmas

Elisa Black said...

That is a beautiful Christmas quilt pattern, Helen. Who are you making it for?