Sunday, 12 June 2011

My weekly Gratitude post – week 23

These two bloggers make my day. I’ve been corresponding with them for a while. It seems I’ve been an inspiration. I really need to express my appreciation to them. This makes me feel real good. It seems I’ve voiced the words that they too have tried to form. A  connection has been made! Please visit their blogs and say hello: Postpartum Quilter and Chipper Piecemaking. They are new to Blogland. Because of my weekly Gratitude post they made the plunge and will be sharing their views, perceptions and creativity with you and off course their progress on all their quilt related activities. Quilt-friends are like fancy chocolates - it's what's inside that makes them special.

It makes me happy when you receive a gift that touches your heart. Yesterday a friend gave me a bunch of peony roses. It is nice when friends give you something that warms the heart because you know that they know you love them.IMG_4479Did you know that peony rose symbolizes "flower of riches and honour". Peonies are also a common subject in Japanese warrior-tattoos: the peony is a masculine motif, associated with a devil-may-care attitude and disregard for consequence. Want to know more about the language of flowers, click here. Wondering now what this says about me.

This weeks fascination – perceptions and reality. All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions - Leonardo da Vinci. The way we view things is really only a reflection of our self beliefs, and not necessarily 'how it really is'.  "There is no reality - only perception" according to Dr. Phil. This week a man told me that his perception is reality and therefore the truth. What this man said placed everything in a different perspective.

Reality is what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is what we believe.
What we believe is based upon our perceptions.
What we perceive depends upon what we look for.
What we look for depends upon what we think.
What we think depends upon what we perceive.
What we perceive determines what we believe.
What we believe determines what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is our reality.

~ Gary Zukav ~

I would like to acknowledge that his ‘intension’ has set me free. I’m however wondering if this was his intention all along. “Every action, thought, and feeling is motivated by an intention, and that intention is a cause that exists as one with an effect…”.

This week I met up with a friend whose insight I would like to acknowledge too. She asked me ‘which problems would still exist if you were stranded on an uninhabited island’. If I answer this truthfully, my answer is none!

I’m thankful for the time to explore the opportunities to achieve my new goals. I’m in the phase of considering why I want to achieve these new goals. I’m exploring all the possibilities. How many people get this chance to explore out-of-box? Is this coincidence or fate? My life is great! And, for this I’m thankful.

Last but not least, I’m thankful for my upcoming vacation. The next three weeks is ‘me’ time. Time for quilting, time for reading, time for blogging, time for visiting, time for travelling, time for exploring, time for creativity, time to take the next step.

1 comment:

Elisa Black said...

Hi Helen-- I'm a little behind on my blog reading and just reading your gratitude post now. I feel honored that you included me in your post :0) (Thanks for the link, too). I will have to visit Chipper Piecemaking and check her out, too. Once again, you have created a very thoughtful post that is very a propos to the things I am working on in my life-- intention, perception, et al. Thank you!! Lucky you to have 3 weeks off!! Enjoy!!