Thursday, 30 June 2011

Highlights of UK trip

I’m back! Had a wonderful trip to the UK.  If you want to view the slide show just e-mail me and I will send you the URL to the slideshow. I opted for the privacy setting, I don’t want the whole world to see unless I know who is watching Wink

This is a picture of our trip. From Dover to Oxford, a drive through the Peak District onto the Lake District to Troutbeck. From Troutbeck to Peterborough, to Triptree, than to Bishop Stortford, and onto Ashford. From Ashford to Dover and than all the way back home.

routes

Naturally we took some pictures of the delicious food we had.

highlights_food-1

If you plan to do a trip to the UK, try to visit the Lake District. Maybe stay at our B&B, Lane Head Farm. It is definitely worth your visit. Visit Christ Church in Oxford. Also go to Sizergh Castle and Muncaster Castle. Go for a cruise on Ullswater. Looking for a unique experience, take a drive across the Hardknott Pass & Wrynose Pass. I drove mostly in first gear, it was a 30% climb and a 25% descend. It was an experience I won’t do again soon, but I did love it. I nearly forgot. Do go to Wilkins & Sons LTD in Tiptree. Their jams & marmalades are definitely worth your visit.

For those who are curious whether I did any patchwork or quilting. I had my box with me with all my Dear Jane stuff. IMG_4610

Every night it went from the car to our room. Sadly, the box was never opened. We were so busy seeing the sights, I just didn’t find any spare time to quilt. The rain that was predicted hardly showed itself. I’m convinced that because I had everything with me, the sun showed itself and it was mostly dry.

I also bought lots of books. Will share the titles with you in my next post.

Will try to get back to my blogging routine soon. For those who read my gratitude post, the next posting will be Sunday.

3 comments:

judith said...

Hee Helen, Leuk dat je er weer bent! Gelukkig ben je niet opgeschoten met de DJ. Ik ben blijven steken op blokje 1!! Maar die is wel afgekomen, pfft.

Je slide show werkt niet, zegt dat die prive is. Of ik ben gewoon een kluns, dat kan natuurlijk ook.

Al dat eten ziet er njummie uit!

Ta Ra for now,

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, nice to have you back again! Leuke B&B! Heb je in het hemelbed geslapen?
De slideshow werkt bij mij ook niet :( Jammer maar daar gaat Helen vast wel wat aan doen Judith.
En je hebt gelijk dat je niet veel gequilt hebt. Dat kan thuis ook nog. Je kunt beter genieten van een welverdiende vakantie.
We spreken elkaar snel.
Goed weekend!

quiltmom said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic trip- Thanks for sharing. Glad that you had wonderful weather. It is a long time since I have been in Britain but we enjoyed our trips there.
Regards,
Anna