Sunday, 12 June 2011

Finger Pincushion

2011_06_123

For some time now I’ve wanted to make a finger pincushion. I thought it would be handy while making the baby Jane blocks. So today I made time and sat down to make two.

All you need is a small square of fabric, some filling and a cute button if you like to jazz it up and a tiny bit of sewing… and you’re all set to make this finger pincushion.

The steps

1. Cut a scrap of fabric to 9cm square.

2. Fold the square in half diagonally and sew around the raw edges using a 1/4inch seam allowance. I’m using my new PFAFF 1/4" QUILTING PRESSER FOOT WITH RIGHT GUIDE.

IMG_4512

Don’t forget to leave a open space to stuff the fibrefill through. 2011_06_121

3. Turn the piece inside out.

IMG_4523 

4.  Stuff firmly with fiberfill and slip-stitch the opening closed.

2011_06_122

5. Bring the points together and mold into shape. Sew on the button. I bought these buttons some time ago at Laura’s Quilt Atelier in Amersfoort. And, I think these are just right for this little project.

image

And this is the finished result.

IMG_4530

Will let you know if it is indeed a handy little notion to have.

1 comment:

paula, the quilter said...

I recently made one of these pincushions and I just love it! I wear it on my thumb because my thumb is always on top when I am sewing and the pins do not catch on things.