For some time now I’ve wanted to make a finger pincushion. I thought it would be handy while making the baby Jane blocks. So today I made time and sat down to make two.
All you need is a small square of fabric, some filling and a cute button if you like to jazz it up and a tiny bit of sewing… and you’re all set to make this finger pincushion.
1. Cut a scrap of fabric to 9cm square.
2. Fold the square in half diagonally and sew around the raw edges using a 1/4inch seam allowance. I’m using my new PFAFF 1/4" QUILTING PRESSER FOOT WITH RIGHT GUIDE.
3. Turn the piece inside out.
4. Stuff firmly with fiberfill and slip-stitch the opening closed.
5. Bring the points together and mold into shape. Sew on the button. I bought these buttons some time ago at Laura’s Quilt Atelier in Amersfoort. And, I think these are just right for this little project.
And this is the finished result.
Will let you know if it is indeed a handy little notion to have.