Sunday, 8 May 2011

Lions for Lambs

Just saw an amazing movie. Although many critics won’t agree with me, Robert Redford has done it again.

This quote got me thinking: ‘But you're never going to be the same person you are right now. Promise and potential are very fickle’.

This can be applied to lots of people & politicians: ‘You're good with words, Todd. But you know what would make them even better? If they had a heartbeat’.

But this one hit me hard: ‘Nowhere else have I seen such lions led by such lambs.’ Leadership, is a skill that not many people possess. ‘The men who lead do work when there's work to be done’ (character: Ernest Rodriguez). I guess we are still contemplating / debating on what needs to be done.

A true leader... finds strength by realizing his weakness, finds authority by being under authority, finds direction by laying down his own plans, finds vision by seeing the needs of others, finds credibility by being an example, finds loyalty by expressing compassion, finds honour by being faithful,  finds greatness by being a servant. (Roy Lessin).

A leader has to have a vision and has to grow the vision into action. A true leader is courageous and intuitive and understands the needs of the people. A leader is a role model, a competent and good listener. A leader knows how to spread his vision and his message and how to inspire the people to understand the plan and to look beyond the present, a leader provides the tools how to move forward and encourages the people to do their part to reach a positive achievement that benefits all.

Have I ever mentioned how much I admire Robert Redford? I truly like his perspective.

The end of the movie made a big impression on me. I admire the people who fight for a cause. That is true conviction. But maybe it is time that others stop doing the fighting for us and the ones who cause the conflict or war fix it themselves. I’m guessing there will be less conflicts or wars, when you have to clean-up your own mess.

Don’t mind my ramblings!! Just putting my thoughts out there.

No comments: