Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Let’s celebrate Nurses Day

image

I’m proud to say I’m a nurse.

imageInternational Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth. The theme of the International Council of Nurses for 2011 is: Closing The Gap: Increasing Access and Equity.

Let’s stand still for a minute and show our appreciation to all those nurses out there and other care-givers that provide care to so many people.

image

Remember ‘no nurses, no future’.

4 comments:

karin said...

hallo helen,al een poos volg ik jouw op je blog.altijd leuk om bij je langs te komen.nu ben jij onlangs gestart met het maken van de d.j.ik ga ook beginnen.boek,stof,zin in,afspraak in zutphen,alles is gedaan,dus tot gauw,lijkt me heel leuk.groetjes karin

judith said...

Het is zusjes dag op jouw blog vandaag! Lief zusje heeft ook een berichtje gepost! Stom toevallig. Happy Nurse day! Nooit geweten dat er zoiets was!

Zie je snel

Madame Samm said...

I was a nurse before I had a career in pharma, now retired..and I still nurse my neighbors..sew yes, once a nurse always...

Elisa Black said...

Happy Nurses Day, Helen-- to you and all my other nursing friends!! My husband is a nurse practitioner and my stepson just finished his 2nd year (of 4) to be a nurse.