Thursday, 28 April 2011

Oh happy Day!

Dreaming: to be able to sing like this. This gets my rhythm going. To be able to sing in a choir like this one, would give me joy. Where can I sign-up.

Did you know that this is the only traditional Gospel song ever to crossover and become a hit on the Pop charts. "Oh Happy Day" is a Protestant hymn that dates from 1755. Absolutely amazing that this hymnal is that old, 256 years old to be exact.

I think now I know why I like this song too.

George Harrison claimed he got the idea for this song from ‘Oh happy days’.

I realize I can’t sing like the lead singer Sylvie Desgroseilliers from the Choeur Gospel Célébration de Québec. But I can pretend when I drive in the car!! This is like my own little studio where I can pretend to be the lead singer Smile 

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days. I think I’ve caught the summer flu, early!! Getting my rhythm back with ‘oh happy days’. But going back to bed now to get energized.

No comments: