Saturday, 30 April 2011

Gratitude post – week 17

This might become a short post but than again I’m not so sure about this.

“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” ~Cynthia Ozick

I’m really appreciative for having found this book. I’ve only read the first 10 pages and I’m enthralled. Wow, her writing style is captivating. I want to keep turning those pages. Her word choices are grand. Something to aspire.

image

This is what one reviewer (Wendy Smith) said: There are passages in Marianne Wiggins's eighth novel so piercingly beautiful that I put the book down, shook my head and simply said, "Wow." I completely agree with this.

Thinking of getting this book too. Thanks Oprah for putting this one on your booklist.

image

I think I will be indebted to Johnson & Johnson for a long time for coming up with this product. I usually get some when I’m in the UK as I haven’t been able to find it over here, in the Netherlands

image I’m thankful that I’ve had the summer flu. This hopefully means I’ve build up some resistance that will get me through the summer.

I’m thankful that we are having a sunny spring with nice temperatures to match. I do know that the farmers are praying for some rain and I wish them lots of rain over their pastures and fields but please let the little area around our home remain sunny for a little while longer. If the weatherman is right, I think I will get what I wish for.

I’m grateful that a friend showed me that looking at the world differently can create so many more possibilities. My narrowness thinking closed me off from seeing the alternatives. Het gave me a push. Do watch this. It might change you for ever!

I absolutely love quotes and there are some brilliant ones out there. Quotes let me ponder! The ones I choose this week, say something about my state of mind Wink

Life has taught me to think, but thinking has not taught me to live.
Alexander Herzen

I advise you to say your dream is possible and then overcome all inconveniences, ignore all the hassles and take a running leap through the hoop, even if it is in flames.Les Brown

I’m still in a bliss after watching the royal wedding.

Have I mentioned that I really love this magazine? Got this months issue when shopping at our local super market.

image

Last but not least, I thank Weber. The company has engineered this great gas grill. 

image

We will be having another BBQ-meal tonight. We are trying out the Reggae Reggae Sauce.  I’ll let you know if I’ve become a fan. By the way, I really should get an iPhone. Even Levi Root provides an app.

2 comments:

Marié said...

Hi Helen

I will certainly get that book. Thanks- and also the life quote!

Elisa Black said...

Hi Helen! The Marianne Wiggins book looks very interesting-- I will put it on my list! And a couple really good quotes that I will be entering in my inspirations journal after I finish this comment. Hope you had a wonderful barbecue-- I love grilling outdoors in the nice weather (unfortunately, ours is not working at the moment and I'm not sure its fixable). Have a great week!