Sunday, 17 April 2011

Gratitude post – week 15

This is becoming a regular weekly post. Sunday, I go and sit behind the computer and reflect on the week that has past. I don’t write down all my thoughts, but just sitting here and reflecting, is kind of meditative and I love it. Usually, I go and sit after breakfast. This week, I’m posting a little later than usual as I first had to play a game of golf!! Had a lovely morning. Drove to the golf course at 7.15 am. Our game started at 8am. There is nothing like an early morning game. It was nice and peaceful. The only sound to be heard were the birds chirping loudly. We came across lots of swans. They were not deterred by the golf balls flying past.  2011_04_17_golf

What am I thankful for this week. Being able to enjoy a morning like this one.

Yesterday, I was thankful for hubby and a friend pitching in to help plant new hydrangeas. I love this plant. I decided to try the Endless Summer® . They seem to bloom on both the current season's growth as well as the previous year's growth. They also seem to handle our climate better.

2011_04_16_hortensias DJ1

I’m beaming after finally being allowed to plant them. Tried ordering them in March but it was still too cold and therefore not  available. Well Friday afternoon I was able to pick-up 16. They nearly didn’t all fit in the car. Looking at the result, I wonder how long they will take before they start to bloom.

I love pink!! Sometime in the – near – future the front garden will look like this.

image

I’m smiling after finishing another baby Dear Jane. More about this on the other blog Happy

IMG_3646

Grateful that Teddy is feeling better and I didn’t have to visit the vet.

IMG_3150

I’m trilled that I’ll be going to the quilt exhibit in Veldhoven beginning of May. This year’s theme is ‘Rhythm’. Hoping to see some beautiful quilts than.

I was jocund after meeting-up with a friend who I hadn’t seen for 18 months. We caught up with all that has happened the past months, while enjoying a lovely meal at a terrific restaurant. I love it when my low salt diet isn’t a issue.

Feeling a little blithesome past couple of days. Sadly, I can’t go into more details Smug

I’m eupeptic after putting away all the winter clothes and hanging the summer clothes in the wardrobe in our bedroom. It is a chore that I love doing. 

Last but not least. I want to share that I’m looking forward to week 16. It is Easter, next weekend!!

Remember; ‘you are always only one choice away from changing your life’ Marcy Blochowiak. I think I’m finally going to take the first step!! I’ll let you ponder on what this might be.

1 comment:

Elisa Black said...

You are keeping us in suspense, Helen!! Can't wait to hear what decisions you've made and what changes are in store for you! I love hydrangeas, too.