Sunday, 6 March 2011

Weekly gratitude post – week 9

I’m thankful for the possibilities internet provides. I never thought blogging would be such a crackerjack pastime, especially in combination with my other hobby quilting. A little while ago, I got the idea to post regularly about the progress of one of the new projects I’m starting on. This new avenue I’m going to undertake needs to be documented, so a new blog will be created. This blog will contain snippets of my journey getting to know Jane Stickle, the era she lived in and mastering the art of the Dear Jane. I would like to thank Dawn from Quilts and Pieces for her inspiration and making this notion I had possible.

I’m pleased with the results of a meeting I organized. The meeting went really well and comments of the attendees were very encouraging to remain focussed and continue. We are on the road of innovation! The process of organizing this meeting was a difficult one and many times I felt discouraged but I persevered. However hard it was, I stuck to my guns and didn’t let others influence me. Lessons learned: believe in myself, stop trying to please others and remain patient even when others think they can reach the goal quicker.

"Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. ………… It's not about money. It's about the people you have, how you're led, and how much you get it."
-- Steve Jobs, Fortune, Nov. 9, 1998

‘’It is about inspiration, originality & teamwork’’

‘’You cannot mandate productivity, you must provide the tools to let people become their best’’ -- Steve Jobs

It sounds like Steve knows what it is all about. You would nearly start to think I’m becoming an Apple fan. I do have to admit I would really like to have an iPad Batting Eyelashes. Still, I think I would prefer to learn more about his management skills.

I’m grateful that I was able to get these really scrumptious fabrics. Can’t wait to put the scissors in them. 

IMG_2633

My gratefulness goes out to Hubby. His encouragement to seek out new things and helping me to create makes me joyful. Would also like to show my appreciation to all those developers who made it possible for me to use Blogger, Windows Live Writer, Picasa. These are some of the software applications I really love.

I’m thankful that this weekly post is being received well. One reader approached me, asking whether she could use this concept. Hope to read what you are grateful for. You know who you are Smug. Remember:

2011_03_02_dutchquilts_amsterdam1

It seems a lot of people like to read my blog. At the moment I have about 500 visitors per week. Words can’t describe the joy this gives. It really amazes me. I also love hearing from you. Do leave a comment so that I can visit your blog & get to know you. This is such a fantastic medium. It opens up so many new doors and makes me realize ‘it is a small world after all’.

I’m delighted on discovering a new restaurant. However, it is pretty much off the beaten track. Last night we had an evening out, celebrating a belated birthday. This inn has a long history! The first mention of the Angel inn was in 1591. This is a long long time ago. This was even before Europeans knew of the existence of Australia! However, the Age of Discovery, also known as the Age of Exploration, had just started (in the early 15th century). Europeans were engaged in intensive exploration of the world, establishing direct contacts with Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania and mapping the planet. Well, someone discovered this place and it was mapped too. If you ever are in the area, it is definitely worth a visit. Lovely food and pretty views.

No comments: