Friday, 18 March 2011

Medallion Sampler update

I made it, just in time!! Will do the corners during the lesson tomorrow as I want them to turn-out just right, at 45o degrees angle.

2011_03_16-1

Had a little mishap. The needle broke. The first one!!

2011_03_161-1

I think Mirjam and Laura were right. Sometimes you have to redefine your goals.

2011_03_162-1

Although this is not the complete Medallion Sampler as designed by Hanneke Vibeke de Koning, I have to admit that it doesn’t look half bad. Who knows I might give it another go sometime in the future and make the complete sampler. It is amazing how much easier it is when you have the right tools. Pfaffy, really is a great machine.

I’m wondering how the other projects turned out. I know of at least one that will look terrific. Can’t wait till tomorrow to see the finishes.

By the way, we still have a long way to go. We need to baste and then quilt this quilt sandwich.

3 comments:

Elisa Black said...

Hi Helen-- Your medallion quilt looks beautiful!! What an intricate pattern and great colors! Glad you are happy with the Pfaff-- and now you have officially broken it in by breaking a needle! Enjoy!

Berna said...

Hij is prachtig! Een heerlijk gevoel moet het geven om deze top klaar te hebben. Veel plezier bij Laura!

Judith said...

Hij is prachtig