Saturday, 5 March 2011

Magazines & other things

IMG_2634

These magazines arrived this week. The quarterly issue of ‘Quiltnieuws’, the magazine of the Dutch Quilt Society. And, the first issue of Vignette arrived. I’ll be getting the second issue real soon as this has just come out. I’m sure you have noticed that I was a little late starting with this subscription.

IMG_2617

I also got my sewing machine back this week. According to the sewing machine technician it is all fixed. Luckily, this was just in time for my lesson to improve my machine sewing skills. Laura was so kind to show me how to use my Husqvarna Viking  Emerald 118.

IMG_2681

IMG_2682

IMG_2684

Although I have to admit it sews a lot better than a couple of weeks ago, I’m still not really content with this machine. According to the professionals it is a very good basic sewing machine. Why can’t I just accept that? I think I will inform myself about what is out there, the Pfaff that Mirjam has isn’t been made anymore! Still, having a run on her machine has shown me what is possible.

I also have made another important decision, with some help. I’m going to finish this top at this stage. Therefore, I only need to add the flying geese border, another thin border stroke and a small border of small squares. I’m still considering whether I will add another fourth border, I’ll first see how the 3 border effect turns out. I won’t be adding the Pine blocks, the Bear’s Paws, the Diamond Stars, The Blazing Stars, The Missouri Stars, The LeMoyne Stars or the Dresden Plates. I really need this quilt top to be finished and create some closure. I need to start quilting this quilt top and bring some happiness to this quilt.

The hard part isn’t making the decision.

It’s living with it. 

1 comment:

Berna said...

Fijn dat je machine weer werkt maar jammer dat je er nog niet helemaal tevreden mee bent. Wel goed dat je hebt besloten om je top te beëindigen als je zelf het idee hebt dat het verder niet veel meer wordt.
En je spreuk..... helemaal waar!
Goed weekend!