Friday, 4 March 2011

FIETS-groep / FIT-group

Last night was another FIETS-groep (Fijn Individueel en Toch Samen) or in English FIT-group (Fine, individually and together).

What do we do? We work on our works individually but our teacher Aagje is there to help when we encounter a problem.

Most op the quilters took upon themselves to make some birds from fabric, as it is nearly Spring.

IMG_2666 This challenge was picked up after ‘show & tell’.

2011_03_03_fietsgroep1

2011_03_03_fietsgroep

There are some beautiful works being created.

A small group of us, decided to work on our ongoing projects.

Here is Jannie working on her compass quilt. She is in the last stages of the quilting phase.  Then only the binding needs to be done and this table top can be put on display!

IMG_2671

Jannie also became a proud grandmother of her first grandchild this week. Celebrations are in order. It seems that another quilter in our group is becoming a grandmother in June. That is the lady on the left, Tineke.

Underneath are some pictures of my works in progress. I have to make lots of log-cabin blocks (about 169). I’m busy with the third one!! Guess this will be another quilt that will be done sometime far into the future.

IMG_2676

IMG_2677

Matty, was quilting her log-cabin top. Sadly, I didn’t capture this with my camera. I did however see her looking through this book.

IMG_2667

Wouldn’t you love to own this pincushion?

2011_03_03_fietsgroep2-1

A little earlier than intended I left to go home. I was a little tired! As someone else was also leaving, I rushed myself and forgot something. Halfway home, I got this notion that I was forgetting something. But decided to ignore this thought. Nearly home, I got a phone call (luckily I can phone hands free). I’ll be picking up my little box with sewing machine notions, a little later this morning.

3 comments:

Carolien said...

How lovely to see al this. Thanks for sharing!

Have a nice weekene & hugs,
Carolien

Carolien said...

I mean alllll of course ;)

Elisa Black said...

Wow!! What a wonderful group and such wonderful projects!! How often do you meet? I love your color and fabric selections for your log cabin blocks-- it will be beautiful. Yes that is an adorable pincushion!!
Have a great day!