Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Dear Jane progress

I wasn’t going to write anything today. I thought it not appropriate after having posted my ‘wordless Wednesday’ post this morning. But I happen to have something I want to share.

I can’t contain myself. I really, really need to share.

This sign came today. The postman was so kind to deliver it! I love it.

2011_03_02_dutchquilts_amsterdam1

It is from Scaredy Cat Primitives. Go to her etsy page if you want one too.

There is indeed always, always, always something to be thankful for.

Today I met up with a friend and instead of shopping for shoes as planned, we went to Amsterdam for lunch and a visit  to Dutch Quilts. I was able to convince her that I really, really needed to buy fabrics for my Dear Jane Quilt. As next week I’m going to my first Dear Jane club meeting and I can’t go without having the primary necessities.

2011_03_02_dutchquilts_amsterdamLook at that happy face. It was hard making a choice. There is sooooooooooo much to choose from.  Poor Kirana had to make three trips up the stairs. I choose some fat quarters that were on the first floor and some from the second floor, as it was hard deciding! I don’t think she really minded, running after me. This was a whole new experience for her. Which is hard to imagine for us quilters. But she isn’t a quilter and doesn’t even aspire to become one. Which is another hard thing to imagine. Especially, now I have my quilt MOJO back.

It was a successful visit. Sadly, missed Annelies, but met up with Elsbeth, who helped me find some fat quarters that I had overlooked. After our shopping sprint, we had a terrific lunch, at the Bijenkorf.

Doesn’t it look yummy?

2011_03_02_dutchquilts_amsterdam2-1

And……………., the conversation was great too. It was good to meet up. It has been months since I’ve seen Kirana.

I have to have another peek at the fabrics. I’m all dreamy now! Aren’t they stunning???

IMG_2633

Yes, there is always something to be thankful for.

PS – it seems that my sewing machine is fixed. I’ll be getting him back on Thursday. Will let you know how it works.

3 comments:

Annelies vdB said...

Jammer dat ik je gemist heb. Ik was vandaag bij petra in Zutphen. ( en had mijn DJ lap bij me )
Wat een leuke stofjes.
Ik mail even Elsbeth dat ik haar op jouw blog heb gezien.

Sunshine & Fabric said...

Beautiful fabric...lovely purchase. Have fun putting them together in the Dear Jane blocks. Its always a good thing to get your quilting MOJO back...sweet creativity.

Jane in Wales said...

Beautiful fabrics!! You will love using them for your Dear Jane.
Thank you for your comment on my blog!!
groetjes
Jane