Thursday, 31 March 2011

Apprehensive

My disquietude is only increasing as tomorrow comes closer. Why you wonder? I have to give a presentation. I’m well prepared but I don’t like standing in front of crowds. This is one of the main reasons it is a little quiet on this blog. I have been busy with my presentation and making final adjustments. My mind has been a little frenzied, so not much sewing last week and a half. Will do my best to get back into my rhythm once back from my little trip to Brussels.

Will be going here.


Grotere kaart weergeven

Hope to see some sights of Brussels and not just spending time inside to catch up with old colleagues and meeting new researchers.

The conference, ‘In the Heart of Europe’, will bring together nurses, allied professionals, and cardiologists in a full programme of educational and scientific sessions aimed at improving patient outcomes. This year there is special focus on arrhythmia. I was a little surprised to be invited as a speaker last year, but I have to conclude that I’m happy that there is still interest in my research. My heart goes out to cardiac arrest survivors. My study shows that the psychological & social implications of having received an ICD are huge. I hope to hear that nurses, allied professionals and cardiologist have shifted their attention and focus more on these areas of care management.

My bags are nearly packed. This afternoon I’m off to Brussels.

3 comments:

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, heel veel succes met je presentatie!!

Lori said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
Good luck on your presentation!

Anonymous said...

ik zag in het dagprogramma dat je morgen om 14.00 uur je presentatie 'frequency and experience of ICD shock and therapy' op het congres in Brussel houdt.
Elke keer is dat toch weer spannend!
Alle succes Helen!! Ik zal voor je duimen!!
Gerda