Friday, 18 February 2011

Vignette

Last year Leanne published the first issue of Vignette. Sadly, I haven’t seen the magazine in any of the Dutch quilt shops.

Vignette is a new quarterly magazine by Leanne Beasley of "Leanne's House" that features quilting and stitching projects, recipes, as well as ideas for your home, garden, and kitchen.

Here is a picture of the first issue. I copied the picture from Leanne’s blog. Hopefully she doesn’t mind. 

image

Then Peg from Happy In Quilting posted a picture of the contents this week. Then Leanne posted a link where people living overseas can order an issue. It was getting too hard to resist. I’m sorry to admit that I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer.

After putting in my order, I started to ponder about the meaning of Vignette. Have I been away from Oz that long, that I don’t remember hearing this word? Is my vocabulary lacking? I found these two definitions.

1. A decorative design placed at the beginning or end of a book or chapter of a book or along the border of a page.

2. An unbordered picture, often a portrait, that shades off into the surrounding colour at the edges.

I think it is a good name for a magazine. Wondering when the first issue will arrive, so that I can admire the quilt & stitchery patterns. It seems  that in every issue a block of "Vignette in Stitches" - a 16 block "mystery quilt" – will be published. I haven’t seen many of you posting about this pattern, yet. Would love to know who has started and see your efforts. Leave a note.

As you may imagine, I’ll be looking out for the postman, the next couple of weeks.

image

1 comment:

leanne beasley said...

Hi Helen. Lovely post! Happy for you to use the photo from my blog. If anyone is looking to purchase in The Netherlands Aztec Rose Crea and Hobby (Zwijndrecht)is a stockist. Hope you just love the magazine. Also you might like to look at the 'Vignette In Stitches' blog www.vignetteinstitches.blogspot.com