Monday, 14 February 2011

It is time for a Meme again!

Laurie and Polly from Minnick and Simpson were asked some questions last week. I thought it was time for a meme again, so I’m going to try to answer these questions too.

These are some of the questions Lissa asked Laurie and Polly..........

And here are my answers.
What is a little known fact about yourselves? I’m turning 47 this year and I still ask myself – what do I want to be when I grow up.

How do you relax? I don’t know how!!! I try, the only thing that helps achieve this goal is yoga & sometimes quilting.

What do you sleep in? Usually men's pyjama bottoms and a t-shirt.

What kind of pillow do you like? One that is suited for people who sleep on their tummies. Sometimes I even throw the pillow on the ground, and rest my head on the mattress. I like little pillows.

When you were young did you sleep with a stuffed animal? I don’t remember. However, as a adult I do sleep with a stuffed animal. He keeps me warm and as me, he likes to lay on his stomach.

IMG_2447

He is microwave proof. For 2 minutes he goes into the microwave just before I go to bed. He keeps me warm till I fall asleep.  

IMG_2448

When it is not night, he sits waiting for me.

IMG_2449

Do you sew in bed? Read? Watch tv? Eat? You got to be kidding. Do people really do these things in bed? I didn’t know! Usually as soon as I put my head on my pillow I’m asleep. The first 4 hours you need to make an effort to wake me up. Sometimes when stressed or have too much going on, I pick-up a book to read. Sometimes I read around 2 am. After lots of tossing & turning I give up and put on the light and read. Sometimes the book is so good, I do an all-nighter, I just can’t put it down. I’m usually sorry in the morning!

Early to bed or all-nighter? I’m an early to bed person. Always have been. I’m also a morning person. Who would have guessed. For me it is an effort to stay up late.

Who would you most like to have a pillow fight with? I think Mark Hamon as Jethro Gibbs.

image

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I turned 47 just a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now putting feet to action of what I want to be when I grow up! I love your blog and I've been buying material for the Dear Jane quilt for years...never done any of the blocks yet.

Carolien said...

Hello Helen,

What a lovely bear and what an idea, a microwavable one! I have a boring pillow with grains to warm me up in bed. Wrong! :)

I'm havind the same question at nearly 46, happy to share ...

Have a nice day! Bye, Carolien