Lissa from ModaLissa posted this list a while ago. This was posted on the 28th of January, see Friday Funny. I wanted to share it with you as I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s losing her sanity. I sometimes wonder how to stay sane in the environment I live. According to Lissa I should try some of these to keep sane.
19 Ways To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want
fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "In."
5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6. In the Memo field of all your checks, write "For Sexual Favours."
7. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
8. Don't use any punctuation
9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
11. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go."
12. Sing along at the opera.
13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
16. Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard?
17. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won, I won!"
18. When leaving the Zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives, they're loose!!"
19. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
Just love it!! This cracks me up! GOL. Hopefully you can appreciate my sense of humour.
Rules on How to Stay Sane in a Negative Environment
We all encounter them once in a while.
- Don't buy into the negativity
- Give yourself a break
- Stay away from politics
- Don’t listen to gossip
- Try to focus on things that give you energy
- Consider if it may be time to move on, if so let go and take charge of your own life again.
If the above doesn’t work, try applying Lissa’s advice. Remember, don't hold back! I can see the surprised faces in front of me. GOL.
If this doesn’t work, be willing to Dream Big Dreams and then turn your Dreams into Goals and Objectives. Create!!
This seems to be real good advice: write down your goals!
Write them down in detail, and read your list of goals every day. This will keep your subconscious mind focused on what you want. For an even more powerful approach, close your eyes and focus on each goal and ask yourself, "What is one thing I could do today to move toward the achievement of this goal?" Write down your answers and take those actions.
You can also try meditation!