Sunday, 20 February 2011

Gratitude – week 7

Many things pop into my head through out the week about what I’m thankful for. Last week is one of those weeks that I didn’t have time to jot ’em down. I’m pondering at the moment, trying to recollect my thoughts.

image

Thankful for this insight: “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” Confucius

Grateful for the little things, realizing that “This moment deserves your full attention, for it will not pass your way again.”

Pleased that with a couple of words I’m able to get into another frame of mind (= a temporary state of mind or feeling).  

Jubilant for the surprise I got when paying for a tunic blouse that I was buying. Because of the bonus points I had saved, I only had to pay 1 euro! The original price € 135,- Guess who was making a happy dance and left the store with a big grin?

Exhilarated that I’m noticing that some things are giving me energy and not draining it. Energy drains: cluttered surroundings, disorganization, too many commitments, unfinished tasks, unproductive relationships, making assumptions and taking things personally, tolerating friction in your environment, taking care of yourself last, being in control.  I’m realizing that I can only give from an overflowing cup, not an empty one. Basically, I’m back to square one. See quote Confucius.

Tickled that Leanne House noticed that I got an subscription on her new magazine Vignette! By the way have you visited the blog,  Vignette in Stitches?

4 comments:

rezza said...

I love the content of your article...

esblack said...

Thanks for the thoughtful and inspiring post-- lots of good wisdom in there. I have the fish widget, too-- aren't they fun?? Have a grateful day!

EFT Therapy said...

What a great post!

Anxiety Cause said...

I sometimes feels the same way.. Lovely post!