Saturday, 1 January 2011

Writer analysis

Cool!

I came across this statistical analysis tool on this blog here. As this tool analyzes your word choice, writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers, I naturally had to look.

I write like
Dan Brown

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

 

This is a coincidence, as I’m reading the Lost Symbol

 image

His style must be rubbing off!

If you loved the Da Vinci Code, and I mean the book, you will definitely love the Lost Symbol. Love the labyrinth of codes, secrets, and unseen truths. I want to go to Washington DC now!!

It is taking me forever to read, as some parts are just too much for me, that I need to put the book down. I think Sunday Express describes my ambiguous feelings right, it is ‘so compelling that several times I came close to a cardiac arrest’. I’m at page 377 at the moment. I don’t think I will finish it before Monday. Two more days and my Christmas Break comes to an end.

I can identify with Robert Langdon. I too have a Mickey Mouse watch! But the biggest similarity is ‘when the going get tough, the tough get going’. Robert always perseveres! I love his standard attire the turtleneck, Harris Tweed jacket, khakis, and collegiate cordovan loafers, which he wears to all events, from lectures to social events. I would really love to be able to do that. Robert suffers from claustrophobia, the fear of enclosed spaces, as he fell into a well when he was 7 years old. I got stuck in an elevator twice and fireman had to get me out. I still hate going into elevators and try to avoid them at all times. His father died when he was 12. My father died when I was 17. He is known for a brilliant problem-solving mind and his genius. I’m more modest, but according to others I’m not bad myself. Like Robert, I too have have an good memory, although his eidetic memory I admire. And last but not least, he has his own site, here and I too am on the world wide web.

But our biggest similarity is we persevere. Not looking back, just focus on what is ahead.

According to Stephen Covey, ‘The best way to predict your future is to create it’.

I’m going to create it? By answering the following questions for myself. What do I want? Is it achievable? What will I accept as evidence that I have achieved my outcome? Is achieving this outcome within my control? Are the costs and consequences of obtaining this outcome acceptable? Do I have all the resources I need to achieve my outcome? If I could have it now, would I take it?

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” Helen Keller.

I’m going to make my mark! They won’t know what has hit them.

PS Had to upload this song, do have a listen to it. Absolutely hits the mark!

1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Three different blog post brought up three different writers...my writing style is pretty well set in stone. So I figure the generator is actually generating 'bait and switch' to Amazon for whoever designed it. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but it feels sneaky..

All the best in the new year, Sharyn