Saturday, 1 January 2011

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt

Today Hubby and I cleared the house and garden. All the Christmas things have been packed and put into storage. Every thing is back to normal. 

2011_01_01-1

To celebrate a new beginning we’re going out for dinner with friends. This is becoming a tradition, that started about 3 years ago, or was it 4?  This time, we had some difficulties in finding a restaurant that would be open tonight, on the 1st of January. But after lots of phone calls the past weeks, to lots of restaurants in the area, we finally found a Japanese restaurant that was open. We are all very surprised that lots of restaurants are closed this year on the 1st of January. Get real, it is only Saturday, restaurant owners. The economy must really be ok, which I find hard to believe, if you read the Financial Times!

I think I’m the lucky duck here, as I love Ramen, Sushi, Gomaae, Gyoza, Korokke, Dim Sum, Sashimi, and Yakitori. Especially the dishes that are in green letters. Will let you know what I had. Can’t wait! Might be able to take some photos, so you can see how delicious it is.

I prefer looking forward, although you might not think that after reading my posts the last couple of weeks. I really don’t like to wallow in the past, that’s why I’m not good at partying on New Year’s Eve.  So tonight I’ll be making a happy dance! I like celebrating new beginnings and we are celebrating the start of 2011 tonight.

I’ll end this post with this collage. I took these photos of Teddy while I was packing all the Christmas decorations.

2011_01_011-1

No comments: