Sunday, 9 January 2011

The power of touch

Powerful message. Visit this blog and check out the video posted.  Love the quote at the end of the clip: "For one moment our lives met, our souls touched." — Oscar Wilde
I came across this blog a while ago. I really hope she will keep on posting. Love her reflections on life, faith & art.

 

Must admit that I also love the song in the clip. The song revolves around the word Hallelujah, which is a Hebrew word, which means praise the Lord. Love the word Hallelujah. According to some through this song, Leonard Cohen says that all Hallelujahs are of equal value no matter the circumstance or the cause of the act. Whether it is in complete blissful faith or is from broken desperation, all ways and goals to prise the lord mean the same and are all equal.

I think this song also describes the pains of love, rather than the  person's spiritual journey. The writer (LEONARD COHEN) is trying to work out his own dilemma's between romantic love and spirituality, between proof and faith and inevitably, between the ego and the soul. KD Lang sings this song beautifully.

The message of the song doesn’t coincide with the message of the video clip. But than again, the music does. Maybe that is why I like it. The melody /music makes me happy, it touches my heart, my soul.  Gives me joy and ultimately triggers my spiritual emotions.

Another song with a strong message is ‘Better than a Hallelujah’. 

Like Amy Grants says, God seeks communion with the ‘real’ us. How many people show their true selves? Sadly, I keep coming into contact with people who have different views on spirituality & faith. Their views don’t match with mine. Luckily, the world of quilting & blogging, brings me into contact with people who seems to have the same view and experience with faith.

2 comments:

Jeanneoli said...

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I agree with you..the music is powerful and one of my favorite songs of all time. So many incredible artists have recorded it. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Berna said...

Mooie muziek van Amy Grants.