Sunday, 2 January 2011

Gratitude – week 1

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie

As mentioned last week I’ll start a weekly journal, on this blog, on what I’m thankful for. To make it a little easier for me, I’ll keep a daily  journal using my MOLESKINE Squared Notebook.

image I especially love the squared notebooks. I think I will write in this journal while sitting in my sanctuary. Guess who still hasn’t sat down to spend that time to listen, slow down, check in with myself. Jotting down my thoughts and putting it on paper, might help me achieve this. Will I feel more content and hopeful? The aim is to focus on the abundance rather than on the lack in your life. In 2011 I’ll be designing a new blueprint for my future. According to Sarah Ban Breathnach this sense of fulfilment is gratitude at work, transforming dreams into reality.

So what am I grateful for this week:

  • the unexpected opportunities that have come across my path that give a whole new perspective on things

  • the start of 2011, a whole year to get back on track

  • family & friends, but especially my mum who is recovering nicely from her hip replacement

  • a latte macchiato with my Libelle (a Dutch woman’s magazine)

2010_12_301-1

No comments: