Saturday, 15 January 2011

Am I abnormally addicted to blogging :)

Who would have thought!!

78%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

 

I scored even higher than Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville blog!!

The questions from this quiz do get you thinking. I have to admit, I don’t just like writing about certain topics but I also love reading the blogs of others.  Google Reader is a great tool that enables me to nearly follow 300 other bloggers. I spend at least 3 hours a week keeping up with all their goings ones. Some blogs I read word for word, others I give a quick glance. Most of the blogs I follow are from other quilters, a few are from bloggers that write about their faith and small minority write about the art of photography. 

Most of the blogs enrich/advance my knowledge of quilting ‘way beyond what it would be otherwise’.

Photography & web-design is another area that I want to look into. 

Lots of blogs inspire me and I get inspiration from the internet, Facebook, my newspaper, magazines I read, books, people I meet, my own thoughts, shall I go on? We live in a amazing world. 

This world enables me to dream, create, laugh. Blogging gives me joy.

Blogging also provides a nice distraction. It helps me reflect and order my thoughts. It is my quiet time! Me looking from inside out.

If I look up the medical definition of addiction: addiction is a persistent, compulsive dependence on a behaviour or substance.  Some researchers speak of two types of addictions: substance addictions and process addictions.  If any psychologists are reading my blog, am I right to think blogging is a process addiction?

The diagnosis of addiction is based on five criteria:

  • loss of willpower
  • harmful consequences
  • unmanageable lifestyle
  • tolerance or escalation of use
  • withdrawal symptoms upon quitting

By self-diagnosis, I can truthfully say I’m not addicted to blogging. Do you believe me?

If you made it so far, I have one more request. Would you sign in and let me know you follow my blog. Just click here and look for the Followers widget in the left top column. You can sign in by clicking on the Sign in button underneath the widget. I’m sure I have more than 14 readers!! Would love to know who you are.

1 comment:

Marié said...

Reading other peoples blogs really proves a wealth of information. For the first time since I start surfing the internet I can truly say that I gain from it- more than just buying my fabric and books. Thanks to all the wonderful blogs! When I read some one's blog I look who they follow or who follow them- this block hunting took me to wonderful sites such as those of Penelope Trunk, copyblogger and other unexpected sources of info! I agree with you- this is addictive.