For me, the "holiday season" begins on the four weeks of Advent, then the 12 days of Christmas, with New Year's Day thrown into the mix. This 34-day period is marked with distinct moods, rituals and spiritualities: the spirituality of gratitude, waiting in anticipation for something new and exciting in my life and giving hope to resolutions for the new calendar year.
My resolutions for 2011 are:
- DREAM, LAUGH &
- continue my fitness routine at home. Use the cross trainer & rowing machine.
- arrange more time for quilting and work away those WIPS. Hopefully finish Zoë’s quilt, the Medallion quilt & log-cabin quilt in 2011. However, I won’t let myself be frustrated by focussing on these goals too much. I want to cherish the process & let the joy of quilting be the real intention for 2011.
- practice YOGA, and checking-in my sanctuary regularly for those meditative moments and asking myself this question: WHAT WOULD I REALLY LOVE TO DO?
- not focusing on flaws, but on potential
- making a change, setting things in motion, realizing a new dream, making a mark
- listen to my intuition. If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. Say no
- post weekly on what I’m thankful for
- make ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’ stitchery quilt & maybe organize a monthly Christmas Bee to achieve it.
- focus on me. Do what I like & be less dependent on the opinions of others for my happiness. This however does mean I need to answer the question ‘what would I really love to do’ and do it, apposed to just going with the flow.
- cut down on my expenditures by asking myself the following questions:
- do I need it?
- will I use it?
- can I afford it?
- is it worth it?
- have I checked if it’s cheaper anywhere else?
will grow & grow.
- have Hope, to fill my mind of all the possibilities; and have Faith knowing that everything will turn out perfectly in 2011.
- Live with integrity, respect the rights of other people, and follow my own bliss (= supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment).
‘Cheers to a new year and
another chance for us to get it right’.
May 2011 bring all you wish for.
PS, I’ll let you know in 365 days if I achieved this!