Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Christmas countdown

No holiday has the power to captivate our senses or dominate quite like Christmas. The sights, smells and sounds of Christmas are burned into our consciousness in childhood, and with each passing year; another layer of joyous memories is added.

My view from my window

IMG_1574

I’m making a shopping list for our Christmas meal. It is the second one I’ve made this year. The first one was for my sister, this one is for us. Will do the shopping early in the morning, hopefully most people will still be in bed, contemplating on what they will make this Christmas.

You don’t have to guess what I’ll be making. If you have been a regular reader of my blog, you know I’ll be serving as starter a prawn salad. For the main course I’ll be making a roast turkey with all the trimmings. As desert, my famous Pavlova.

It might not sound like much, but I’m sure we will be stuffed and eating turkey for many days to come.

It will look something like this

IMG_4364IMG_4366  IMG_4373

These are pictures of our meal last year. Will post some new ones after Christmas.

Got my list finished: lemon, prawns, lettuce, bread, mayonnaise, potatoes, pumpkin, onions, bacon, butter, apricots, pistachio nuts, celery, Italian herbs, peas, red cabbage, turkey, eggs, vanilla essence, castor sugar, cream, strawberries, passionfruit.

Did I forget anything?

No comments: