Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Christmas Bee 2010

Tis that time of the year again! Last Saturday we had our annual Christmas Bee. It is becoming a tradition.

2010_12_11_Christmas Bee-1

We are missing some people. One of us was sick and the other quilter was busy with the instalment of a new kitchen. This project had priority, for it is nearly Christmas and we can’t have Christmas without a kitchen. Imagine not being able to cook. I would go mad. I myself really would love a bigger kitchen. If hubby reads this, I can wait a little longer smiley_3   . I can still be creative in this kitchen. Look what I made the night before. I was busy making Erwtensoep (translation Pea Soup).

2010_12_10_erwtensoep eggnog-1 

I also made eggnog.

2010_12_10_erwtensoep eggnog1-1

And, Chocolate cake

2010_12_11_Christmas Bee3-1 

Some of us are making Jordbærstedet’s Advent calendar this year. It is a stitchery & appliqué design from Jordbærstedet. Sadly, the Norwegian shop doesn’t exist anymore. Otherwise, I would have certainly directed you to where it can be ordered. It is a beautiful pattern. Others are finishing previous Christmas projects and some are busy with their UFO’s.

2010_12_11_Christmas Bee1

Naturally, we also had some ‘show & tell’. These quilts have just been sandwiched. For those who are curious, these are Mirjam’s projects. She is going to start quilting them soon.

2010_12_11_Christmas Bee4 

It wouldn’t be a Bee, if we didn’t look through some magazines. Temptation! There are so many things I would still like to make. But as many of my readers know I take forever to finish a quilt. It is tedious work but I love this handicraft.

2010_12_11_Christmas Bee5-1

I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Looking forward to our next Bee.

Did you know

 Kopie van i_believe_in_santa

2 comments:

Berna said...

Dat ziet er weer heel gezellig uit joh! Toch leuk dat jullie zo'n hechte groep hebben.

Ruth's Place said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend the day.