Sunday, 21 November 2010

Journal update

Outside my window…. see for your self.

IMG_1158

I am loving … the early quiet mornings, when the sun is just coming up and it looks like it will be a sunny autumn day.

Today, I am going… to relax and do some thinking. Have a walk in the park, blog a little, catch up with friend on FB, do some ironing, and pack my travel bag.

I am wearing…. jeans and a baggy jumper

I am reading… nothing today. Finished the book I was reading last night. Thinking of taking these books with me to my mum:

                             image image

I am wondering…. what else to take with me. I’ll definitely be taking my work laptop with me, some books and other literature that I need to read for my research on Performance Measurement Systems in health care. Will also be taking Zoë’s quilt with me. I’m sure I will have some time to do some quilting. Which reminds me, will take my camera as well. Yes, luckily I don’t have a small car. Here is the Nissan QashQai. Love this SUV. By the way, my car is black, the only true colour for a car!!

imageNissan named its new European model after the Qashqai people. Before owning this car I knew nothing of the Qashqai!  The designers believe that the buyers "will be nomadic in nature too". Maybe that is why the car appeals to me. I’m a little nomadic too. Love wandering.

Insight……. I’m a wanderer!! (definition: to move about without a fixed course, aim, or goal).

Have to share……

I am thankful for….that my mum’s operation went well.

I am dreaming of…. Christmas season and that  the end of 2010 is approaching quickly. I’ll be happy to put this year behind me and stop my wandering. 

Thinking of my list of UFO’s…..

  • Zoe’s quilt (in quilting phase)
  • Feathered Star Quilt
  • The Medallion Quilt
  • The Log cabin Quilt
  • Star Quilt (in quilting phase)
  • Kaleidoscope Quilt

From my picture journal

2010_10_29

Pondering on this quote…. "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” - Melody Beattie

1 comment:

Ruth's Place said...

I hope your mum heals quickly and that you have some time to drink good coffee and do some quilting.