Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Meme

Another Helen and Ruth were my inspiration for this post.  Not like Helen I’m not running thin about talking about everyday issues. There is always enough to talk about but the question is do I always want to share. A lot is happening at the moment; mostly work related. I’m in the phase of reinventing my work-life. What the outcome will be I’m not sure. Scary stuff, as too many emotions are involved. I’m feeling too much.

But let me tell a little about myself that is not work-related.

1. started your own blog (long time ago and I don’t regret it!)
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band
4. visited Hawaii & Fuji (would love to go back!)
5. watched a meteor shower
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to Disneyland/World
8. climbed a mountain (does a hill also count?) 
9. held a praying mantis
10. sang a solo (does singing in the car count?)
11. bungee jumped (no bloody way!)
12. visited Paris (many times)
13. watched a lightning storm at sea
14. taught yourself an art from scratch
15. adopted a child
16. had food poisoning (please don’t remind me)
17. walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (is on my list of things to do before I die)
18. grown your own vegetables (I want to, maybe one day)
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France (she was so tiny!)
20. slept on an overnight train
21. had a pillow fight

22. hitch hiked (never, I’m not game enough!)
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill (I’m a good girl, that is why I now have a burnout)
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping (in a jacuzzi!)
27. run a marathon
28. ridden a gondola in Venice (Italy) & Cambridge (UK)
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset ( the most beautiful one on Durras beach, with dolphins dancing in the waves)
31. hit a home run (no, because the softball caused a blue eye)
32. been on a cruise (only having a hard time remembering I was 6 at the time)
33. seen Niagara Falls in person (hopefully one day!)
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors (too many times)
35. seen an Amish community (I’m sure one day, visited a amish presentation a little while ago)
36. taught yourself a new language (I’m bilingual does that count?)
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing (not on my list of things to do, also hard to do in the Netherlands :) )
40. seen Michelangelo's David in person (his thingy is BIG!)
41. sung karaoke (every day! You don’t want to sit with my in my car)
42. seen Old Faithful Geyser erupt, watched a sun set at Uluru, visited Kinderdijk. (Not many Dutchies have done that, it is a tourist thing). By the way, watching a sun set at Uluru is on my list of things to do!)
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited Africa (having lived there does that count too? Niger to be exact).
45. walked on a beach by moonlight
46. been transported in an ambulance (sirens weren't flashing though)
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing (I’ve got Claustrophobia, putting diving mask on nearly kills me)
49. seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (no, but stood under it and have stood twice in line to go up but the wait was too long!)
51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling (have sailed on the Barrier Reef!)
52. kissed in the rain (no, I’ll get wet!!)
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theatre
55. been in a movie
56. visited the Great Wall of China
57. started a business

58. taken a martial arts class (started yoga recently!)
59. visited Russia (my sister has :) )
60. served at a soup kitchen
61. sold Girl Guide cookies
62. gone whale watching (on my list of things to do)
63. gotten flowers for no reason (all the time when friends come over, Dutch tradition)
64. donated blood (once, they didn’t want me to come back. My blood vessels shut down once the drip is in. Too much bother)
65. gone sky diving
66. visited a Nazi concentration camp (Mauthausen-Gusen, Austria)

67. bounced a cheque
68. flown in a helicopter
69. saved a favorite childhood toy
70. visited the Lincoln Memorial climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge (which was a fantastic experience)
71. eaten caviar
72. pieced a quilt (LOL too funny this one! Yes, yes, yes!)
73. stood in Times Square
74. toured the Everglades
75. been fired from a job (yes and no, company when bankrupt recently and I’ve resigned once!)
76. seen the Changing of the Guard in London
77. broken a bone
78. been on a speeding motorcycle (when I was young!)
79. seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. published a book (does PhD thesis count?)
81. visited the Vatican (who hasn’t *chuckles*
82. bought a brand new car
83. walked in Jerusalem (on my list of things to do)
84. had your picture in the newspaper (and magazines)
85. read the entire bible
86. visited the White House
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. had chickenpox
89. saved someone’s life (a few!!)
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous (Cliff Richard in Germany & saw Magnum P.I.’s car in Honolulu, Hawaii)
92. joined a book club
93. lost a loved one
94. had a baby
95. seen the Alamo in person seen a platypus in the wild seen a kangaroo in the wild
96. swum in the Great Salt Lake Swum in the waters of the Great Barrier Reef

97. been involved in a law suit (thankfully no!)
98. owned a cell phone (who hasn't?, maybe I should post how many and how long I owned it for)
99. been stung by a bee & bitten by a bull ant.

It is now your turn. Would love to read your meme.

3 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

What fun, thanks for playing along!

I've been bitten by an Australian green ant and that REALLY hurt, bull ants are also very painful.

Cisca said...

Alsjeblieft, dat is nogal een lijst! Er is heel wat gebeurd in jouw leven. Je blog ziet er leuk uit.
Even een antwoord op je reactie op mijn logje: De dozen heb ik gekocht bij Cora's Cottage. Op mijn blog staat rechts een link naar haar site.
Groetjes, Cisca

Helen said...

You saw Magnum PI's car???!!!! So envious! He was my childhood crush, swoon!