Sunday, 10 October 2010

10/ 10 / 10 explained

Today is a special date. Go to this site to read more.

The numerical form of October 10, 2010 will be the same for all areas that read calendar dates by month/day such as in the United States, or day/month such as in Europe.

Most predictions and opinions concerning the date of 10/10/10 are based on its mathematical uniqueness as a number.

Do you like binary numbers and their decimal equivalent? It seems that 10/10/10  is a favourite, both because of its symmetry and because 101010 = 42 in decimal . 42 has some mathematical significance  and seems to be the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. If only it was so easy!!

Was this special day a lucky or unlucky day for you?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I am a 10-10 birthday. And, interesting to me 6x7 was always my favorite times-table. Of course, it equals 42. Hmmm...I like posts that make me think! Thanks for sharing.