Saturday, 11 September 2010

Quilt show & Bee BBQ

Saturday I went with Mirjam to the 27th exhibition on patchwork & quilts in Deventer.

If you have a chance to go, do go and visit.

2010_09_11_quiltshow BBQ

There were some amazing quilts. However, there wasn’t one that I really wanted to replica. Except, maybe the Dear Jane quilt, but than I would definitely copy this one:

image

This Dear Jane was made by Cathi. I hope she doesn’t mind that I copied one of her photos of her quilt. It is the centre one.

As I was famished we escaped for a quick lunch. Look at these club sandwiches.

2010_09_11_quiltshow BBQ1

I’m certain we had one of the last sunny days of September. After this lunch break I was able to continue our visit to the exhibition.

My morning started with baking the Pavlova that I was going to take to the barbecue as a desert.  When I got home in the afternoon, the Pavlova had cooled down so that I could fill it with whipped cream and top it with strawberries, kiwi & raspberries.

IMG_0201People don’t know what they have missed, until they have tasted my Pavlova.  Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Ánna Pávlova. The dessert is a popular dish in Australia, and is frequently served during celebratory or holiday meals such as Christmas lunch. I’ve taken this tradition with me and usually make it to leave an impression.

Tineke, one of the quilters in the Bee, was so gracious to organize the barbecue at her home. Even Aagje, our teacher, was there too. I was honoured to keep an eye on the meat & fish and to ensure it was cooked properly.

2010_09_11_quiltshow BBQ2

It was one great day.

1 comment:

Berna said...

Zo te zien hebben jullie volop genoten van deze nazomerdag. Het ziet er allemaal gezellig uit. En de tentoonstelling was zeker de moeite waard he?
Doe rustig aan and enjoy your live!!