Saturday, 4 September 2010

Fabric for Logcabin

After a long very indecisive period of looking at lots of fabric ranges, I have finally decided what I will use for the Logcabin.

I knew I wanted to use red and beige colours. I’m in a red & white phase.

Mirjam and I went to Zutphen.

2010_09_03_zutphen2

We first had a lovely afternoon tea with scones, clotted cream & jam. Sadly, I didn’t take any photos of this special event. Most likely because I was distracted by the fact that one of the other customers asked me to take some pictures of them. They were not easily satisfied. I took about 8 pictures before they were content. Why are women so self-consciousness? It is hard getting two women looking like they want themselves to be perceived by others.

Anyway, Mirjam and I enjoyed our afternoon tea at the Pelican (De Pelikaan). Next time, we will have to order a proper English afternoon tea in advance. You are then able to get little sandwiches, pastries  and other little cakes with your tea.  There is some history here. This tea & coffee shop opened its doors in 1816.

And guess where we ended up afterwards? Naturally, we continued our short walk to the quilt shop Petra Prins.

We were welcomed by Bep, Gerda and an American lady (who’s name I don’t know).

2010_09_03_zutphen

Gerda recognized me and tried to tempt me into making the Dear Jane. Above some ladies showed their efforts. Wow, I am impressed and very tempted. Even Mirjam, nearly bought some fabric to start making some Dear Jane blocks.

I did buy ‘Gerda’s Treat’. A lovely small Dresden plate quilt.

2010_09_03_zutphen1

See the lovely red & beige fabrics above? These are for the Logcabin quilt I’m going to make. I’m finally in Patchwork & Quilting year 6. Every fortnight, for the next couple of months, I will have a patchwork & quilt class and will learn to make the Logcabin.

2 comments:

Berna said...

Prachtige stofjes heb je in Zutphen gekocht. Als we Petra toch niet hadden he? Jammer dat het toch nog wel een eindje rijden is. Quiltles daar lijkt me het einde. En je hebt prachtige foto's gemaakt met je nieuwe camera! Daar zul je veel plezier van hebben. Ik heb dezelfde maar dan een model van vorig jaar. Ben er heel blij mee. En inderdaad, ik heb een luxeprobleem voor morgen maar je moet toch ergens over schrijven? ;) Ik bekijk het morgen wel.

gerda said...

wat een mooie foto's heb je gemaakt!!!
en heerlijk hé zo op stofjes jacht..ben benieuwd hoe je rood/beige log cabin gaat worden..;0)
misschien voor de afleiding tussen door...een Dear Jane(tje)..;0))
en je pakketje...leuk dat je die hebt gekocht *Ü*...
heel fijn weekend!!