Monday, 27 September 2010

England

Last weekend I was in England.

uk2010-routes

In the map you can see the route we took. For some clarity: you find Dover in the right hand corner,  London in the middle and Cambridge above middle. If you want to have some more information, just click on the picture and it will enlarge.

I didn’t take hardly any photos. This was mostly due to the rainy weather. I was wishing for a day punting in Cambridge but sadly not this time. It was cold and raining. We did however have a lovely lunch in a pub near Cambridge.

2010_09_24 The Red Lion Inn is definitely worth your visit. The serve great food.  They have been shortlisted to the top six gastro food pubs in the UK in The Publican Food & Drink Awards.

I’ll be getting one of these guides, next time we visit.

IMG_0386

We naturally visited a book store. These are the books I bought.

IMG_0391

Yes I also bought a new bookmark! Daisy Dog. I’m a fan of  Kathy Reichs, the author, and of the TV series Bones. According to the company ‘if’, ‘Daisy will probably dribble if your book is about bones’. Guess I shouldn’t use this bookmark when reading one of Kathy Reichs books (lol). No heavy reading this time. These books are pure for relaxation.

On Saturday we first drove to Luton, taking the back roads. We were advised to go to the Hare & Hounds in Warden. The pub, was according to Anthony, just down the road. After driving on some narrow country roads for a while we arrived at the pub.

2010_09_25

I had the ‘pie of the day’ with vegetables and hand cut potatoes. Delicious. Hubby had the Trio of Gamlingay Sausages.

I would love to live in this house!!

IMG_0384

‘It has character’! A quilt room and a big kitchen is all I need.

Our break was short, but can’t wait till our next visit.

1 comment:

Berna said...

Heerlijk om er even uit te zijn en waar kan dat beter dan in Engeland!