Sunday, 15 August 2010

Sylvia Bridal Sampler

One day I hope to make the Sylvia Bridal Sampler. For those who have time and want to get started, go to this site. Last year I bought this book which contains the patterns for the Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler. I’m already to go, but lack time.

image

Reading other blogs, I noticed that Jennifer Chiaverini is giving away a  SBS-pin, when you finish this quilt. This is a nice incentive, but I however first need to find time. It keeps on disappearing!!

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work.  ~Doug Larson

I don’t however need to first make the quilt to get the pin. There is another way it seems, but sadly I don’t live in the States, otherwise I could go to one of the book tour events. If you buy ‘'the Aloha quilt’' en ‘Quilter’s Holiday’ you not only can get the book personally signed by Jennifer but you get a pin with it. There seems to be 3 pins you can collect.

Facebook is becoming popular with bloggers and quilters. You can find Jennifer, but also Mark Lipinski, Valori Wells, and many more. Are you on Facebook yet?

I’ve nearly read all the Elm Creek Quilt novels but have missed this one. It will go on my wishlist!

image

A little while ago I ordered these two.

image image

Hopefully they will arrive soon. They will get me into a quilting mood.

Saturday I picked up this book from the Quilt Cellar in Putten.

IMG_5695

The books seems to contain more than 4000 patchwork patterns.

PS – if you know how I could find ‘time’ to read those books that are on my list of books to read and to be creative, please let me know. How do you create time?

I’ll leave you with this quote:  ‘So much to do - so little time to do it in!’ ~ Cecil Rhodes

and this song – ‘Time’ ~ Pink Floyd

1 comment:

quiltmom said...

HI Helen,
I love Jennifer's books too and especially enjoyed the Aloha quilter. I am not familiar with the Union quilters so I will have to keep my eye out for it- I don't think I have read the Quilter's holiday.
I admire the dear Jane and sylvia sampler quilts but am happy just to admire other people's work.
As for time- it goes so quickly- I sometimes think if I scheduled my time more I wouldn't waste so much of it. Perhaps next summer... VBG
Hope all is well with you.
Regards,
Anna