Friday, 30 July 2010

Randomness

Outside my window … cotton wool like clouds are travelling across the blue sky. Slowly a dark grey one is approaching. Hard to imagine it might rain soon. The sun is still shining. I hear the wind  rustling through the trees. A pigeon on the rooftop of our neighbour’s house is inspecting their chimney. He is not making much noise, at least I don’t hear him. I do however hear some chirping noises of baby birds coming from our garden. 

I am thinking .... how I love the sound of wind rustling through the trees. I wish the window of my study can remain open forever. I’m also contemplating going to Paris a day earlier then the congress starts. I might go to the Louvre!

I am thankful for ..... the kilo I lost! Three weeks ago my dietician advised me to go on a low (no) carb diet. Slowly losing some weight!! The results are minimal. It amazes me how much effort I have to undertake just to have a nice meal as I'm also on a low salt diet & also on a low fat diet. Does anyone have a name for this diet? Gaining weight is easy, losing it, is hard smiley_confused . By the way, I also do cardio-fitness, so don’t leave any comments on how to loss weight. Some knowledgeable people are guiding me!

I’m also thankful for the new computer that I got. Although it is an occasion, it is a lot faster than my previous computer. Now only wishing for a faster internet.

I’m also thankful for the quilting friend who showed me how to  change my template in Blogger. I’m being creative. Blog template is under construction!!

I am wearing ..... a white skirt (again) and a blue polo shirt.

I am loving .... the weekend that is approaching. The work week has nearly finished.

I am stitching .... nothing at the moment unless you call quilting stitching. I’ve done some quilting this week but today I’m hindered by Teddy the cat (see photo).

I am hoping .... for some inner peace, understanding & acceptance that things are as they are. This is what I mean: Acceptance is a state of non-reactivity and understanding. Acceptance does not mean 'approval' or that you condone what you are accepting. It means that you see something and know it for what it is, without having to need to change it. I’m hoping with acceptance, I can more easily experience balance, forgiveness, and harmony. Understanding is the capacity to experience the wisdom and knowledge we have inside us, and move beyond an emotional reaction to events into making correct, reasonable, and meaningful decisions. With understanding, I seek to comprehend my experiences, to bring ‘all I know’ to situations and events, and learn to act with both compassion and intelligence.

I am drooling over .... all those projects that I want to start.

I am sorely tempted by ...... cantuccini also known as biscotti. Sadly I’m not allowed to eat too many with my espresso, caffè macchiato or caffè Americano. Normally I buy them, but one day I hope to make them myself when I’m allowed to eat some carb’s again.

I am hearing ...... "Highwire" CD in the background and loving her music! It amazes me how much Dawn Langstroth sounds like her mum, Anne Murray. I loved Anne Murray when I was young (end ‘70’s).  Actually I still love her music.  A while ago hubby bought Dawn’s cd. I though it was Anne Murray at first. He hadn’t heard of her and didn’t believe me. I wasn’t far off!!

I am reading .....   image

I’m getting ready for ….. a trip to the Nurburgring and meeting up with old friends. I’ll not join hubby on his trip around the race track, like a good girl I’ll cheer him on at the pit stop.

I’m dreaming of…. a winter trip to Wales. Wouldn’t it be lovely to be in Wales between Christmas & New Years Eve.

On my mind…  this quote “For a long time it had seemed to
me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned
on me that these obstacles were my life. ”
—Alfred D. Souza (-2004); writer, philosopher

Feeling a little dumb…. when you buy the same book you ordered a little while ago. Luckily a quilter friend didn’t have it in her collection and bought it from me. Now I only have one. For a short while I had two of these

image

From my picture journal ......

IMG_5644 IMG_5648

Teddy pushed the ring from my quilt. Amazingly the needle has stuck him. In the first picture he is still getting comfortable. In the second one he is sound a sleep. Again, I can’t quilt biggrin .

No comments: