Friday, 23 July 2010

day journal

I'm thinking ... about my writer's block. I had to finish a chapter for a research rapport, however I'm having some difficulties thinking what & how to write my thoughts down. After a couple of hours sitting behind my computer, not writing much, I've decided to take a break. Sunday morning I will give it a go again.

I'm thankful for .... my facebook friends. I've nearly found all my old high school pals. People I haven't seen or spoken to for over 10 years.

I'm wearing .... a white skirt and blue & white stripped t-shirt and Birkenstock slippers. The kind shown underneath.

 image

I'm remembering .... that I forgot to send a birthday card to a friend. I've just walked to the postbox to send her a card. Better late than never.

Looking forward .... to tomorrow. I'll be seeing my mum, sister and my lovely nieces.

One of my favorite things ... seeing people enjoy crafting. Look what Tonny is making:

IMG_5579

IMG_5580

IMG_5581

And this is what Matty has made.

IMG_5584

The above quilt is nearly finished.

In progress are these logcabin blocks

IMG_5583

I love the fabric Matty has chosen.

Noticing .... that a package arrived. Actually two packages. I hadn't expected them.

IMG_5585

This is what was inside.

IMG_5587

Around the house .... it is quiet. Just the way I like it. Hubby is working in his study. I'm sitting behind my computer in my study. Teddy, is laying spread out over my big desk. Actually Teddy likes this position. It must be the heat!  Here is a picture of him a couple of days ago.

IMG_5578

Outside my window .... I see rooftops & grey skies. I hear birds chirping & water tinkling. I feel a summer warm wind flow coming through my window. I taste coffee on my tong, which effects my sense of smell. This influences my perception of today. I love Friday! It is the day I work at home. It is the day that someone else cleans our house. I love walking through the clean & tidy rooms. It puts a smile on my face. I'm content.

Pondering these words ...  'Wrong'  is one of those concepts that depends on witnesses. Scott Adams, Dilbert . I would love to explain why I choose this quote, but some things aren't meant to be written about on this blog.

I am going ... to go downstairs and read this book.

 image I've nearly finished it. If you want to know more  about Heart and Soul go to Meave Binchy her site.

1 comment:

Berna said...

Jullie laten weer mooie dingen zien. En wat heb je weer een leuk postpakket met boeken gekregen! Vooral die van de log cabin vind ik mooi ;)
Geniet van je weekend!