Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Update on Medallion Sampler

It is Wednesday afternoon and I've finished working on my Medallion Sampler for today. I've packed everything up and will unpack again coming Sunday. I'm hoping to finish the centre of the Medallion Sampler, the Mariner's Compass.

This is how far I got today.

IMG_5187

The last card trick block wasn't an easy effort. Actually I only found the first one easy. Maybe beginners luck?? See, the centre part is not right (picture underneath). Some how, even after laying it out correctly, something happens when you get to the sewing machine. I still don't know what. But I won't count how many times, I've made this mistake. I'm getting pretty good at undoing my work.

IMG_5184 This is how it should be.

IMG_5185

As mentioned, hoping to finish the Mariner's compass Sunday. I did a little preparation this afternoon, I cut the templates.

IMG_5188

All done.  IMG_5196In the previous post I mentioned reading some magazines. Here is a picture of the front cover. I ordered the last three issue's of 2010 a week or two ago and received them last week. IMG_5183The other one is laying in the bedroom. Yes, I sometimes look through a quilt magazine before I go to sleep. Other times, I usually read a book. At the moment I'm reading 'the gift' by Cecelia Ahern. A nice read by the way, even though it is not Christmas yet.

image Well tomorrow it is back to work! Have to work for two whole days!! Love those short working weeks. Lucky me, next week is another short working week.

2 comments:

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful! Those border prints really make the quilt sing. I know what you mean about having things get turned around between the layout and walking to the sewing machine. Happens to me all the time. What is up with that?! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love it Helen!!
I always read my magazines in bed at night. I look forward to hopping up there and reading until I feel sleepy. :-)