Friday, 14 May 2010

Medallion Sampler

Who would have thought that this was possible. I can't really believe it myself. Even Teddy needs to inspect the result.

 IMG_5237

It looks pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Here are some pictures of putting it together.

IMG_5225 IMG_5227 Another quarter nearly finished.

IMG_5228 The compass is completed.

IMG_5230 Need to put on the border.

IMG_5231 Don't this look quaint?

IMG_5233 Been all around, just need to cut the thread.

IMG_5234 The mariner's compass completed!!

IMG_5235 Tomorrow back to quilt school to learn more techniques for this quilt.

2 comments:

Berna said...

Hij is prachtig Helen. Misschien dat ik ooit deze lessen nog een ga volgen bij Laura.

Karin said...

Oh my! Your quilt is simply stunning! I'm a new quilter and completely intimidated by that mariner's compass, but I would love to try it! was it really difficult? I love the border application too - just beautiful! Is that a pattern that can be purchased?