Sunday, 9 May 2010

Half a compass done

Not much going on except some patchwork with the machine!

This morning I started with cutting the fabric for the Mariner's Compass.

IMG_5202 IMG_5203 IMG_5204

IMG_5206 Around 1 pm I had finished cutting . Just before Formula 1 started.

IMG_5210As you can see Teddy is not into Formula 1. Too noisy most probably! He's keeping an eye on me, or is he watching Hubby? The first pieces sewn together.

IMG_5207 You won't hear me say this again, but machine sewing the Mariner's Compass is a lot easier than hand sewing!! And, look at the sharp points.

IMG_5208 Two quarter's  of the Mariner's compass done.

IMG_5212 Half a compass done.

IMG_5217 And, while this was all going on Mark Webber drove the race of his life according to the journalists in Barcelona and won. The Australian's victory throws him back into contention again. Who knows he might win the drivers’ championship this year!

I better get back to the sewing machine and see if I can finish the other half sometime before coming Saturday.

2 comments:

Berna said...

Wow Helen wat is die mooi geworden. Hoe kan het dat dit makkelijker is met de machine dan met de hand?

Ruth's Place said...

Helen, et is baie mooi! (excuse my poor spelling).

Looking great, I have to admit all those points and accuracy scare me a bit.