Sunday, 30 May 2010

Day journal for May 30th

Outside my window... it's a peaceful Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting warm and cozy behind my PC, while outside it is raining and cold. It is hard to believe it is nearly summer as it is 13 degrees Celsius at the moment.

I am thinking... about buying a new espresso machine. My old Gaggia Titanium is showing signs of old age. I've decided not to get it prepared for the third time.

image I'm saving up for this one. A Quick Mill 3035 espresso machine.

Quick 3035

Hopefully my Gaggia will survive till the end of summer as I expect to come into some money!

I am thankful for... having such lovely friends, that care for me. Friday night I had a girls night out. Lovely dinner with two old friends from Nursing school. Yesterday I met up with Mirjam. We went to the quilt market at our local quilt shop. Here is an impression.

IMG_5344  IMG_5346

See the log cabin quilt on your right. This is the quilt we are going to make in the fall. I have to decide which colors I'm going to use. Luckily I have another couple of months before classes begin.

IMG_5345 IMG_5349

IMG_5351 IMG_5355 IMG_5356

IMG_5357 IMG_5358

IMG_5359 IMG_5365

In the photo underneath, half of the class is listening to instructions about the log cabin quilt we are going to make in the fall. I'm contemplating on making another king size quilt. This means I while have to find 16 different shades of fabric. Eight light colored fabrics and 8 dark colored fabrics.  In total 16 meters!!

IMG_5366I am wearing... a black tunic dress and white jeans with black shoes.

I am remembering... how much I enjoy Quilt Bee's. Hoping that we will come together to do some quilting this summer. As I have so many WIP's!!

I am going... to spend some time quilting this afternoon. Yes, really.

From the livingroom.... I'm hearing the TV. It is another Formula One weekend, so guess where hubby is.

I am hoping... the Sunday goes slowly so I can squeeze everything in. However it is already 1 pm!

Noticing... how clean the house is. Since a month I have a lady who has taken over all my household chores. I'm enjoying this luxury.  And, do you know what I enjoy the most, she cleans better than me.

Pondering these words... “Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.” Willem Arthur Ward.

I reading... past secrets by Cathy Kelly and The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  

 image image 

I'm jealous.... of some friends who are going to New Zealand and Australia. Would love to go myself as there is a high school reunion planned beginning of November. However I want to have a little more money in the piggy bank as I want more financial security in case of bad times. Nearly losing my job and becoming unemployed has changed my view of things.

One of my favorite things... quiet Sunday afternoons with a cappuccino freshly brewed.

From my picture journal.. my lovely nieces.

IMG_5298 IMG_5302

These were taken not last Friday but the Friday before. The little girl on the left turned four.