Saturday, 3 April 2010

To celebrate, as 'life is beautiful' at the moment

IMG_4882

Yes I bought it!! I couldn't resist. This pattern has been on my wish list for a long time, especially after seeing many postings of it being put together by Annelies. Want to see it, visit her blog and naturally read the other 17 posts about this quilt. Others are following her example here in the Netherlands. I was pretty lucky today as this was the last one in stock.

If you were thinking of buying this pattern, don't worry. An order (of 50) is on its way from Australia to Amsterdam. You don't however need to go to Amsterdam, you can always order it online from their shop. I also bought the 16 fat quarters, background stitchery fabric and DMC thread. Because I was a big spender I got this cute little jelly roll. Can't really see it very well in the picture above, I will post a picture of it soon.

For those who know little about this quilt, let me tell a little more. It was designed by Helen Stubbings of Hugs 'n Kisses. You can also read more about it on het blog.

Here is a sneak peak of part of the quilt.

image I bought this as a memory of the bad times and to remind me that things always get better.

As I posted last week, 'We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope' - Martin Luther King

I lost hope for a little while, this quilt will remind me not to lose it.

3 comments:

Annelies vdB said...

Life is beautiful Helen !!!

Berna said...

Je bent bezweken! Prachtig is deze quilt en je hebt een mooi stoffenpakket gekocht zo te zien.

Helen Stubbings said...

i do hope you enjoy it Helen, I am sure you will with so many friends over there stitching with you, hugs Helen