Sunday, 21 February 2010

Madellion sampler - lesson 2

Saturday was day 2 of the Madellion sampler course I'm following at Laura's Quilt Atelier. As many will have guessed I didn't do my homework. My future joblessness is consuming all my thoughts and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything else. Anyway, I did go to class and had a lovely time. It was great to be busy with something else, rather than work related activities.

Here is a depiction of my day.

Mirjam was a little late, as she had some difficulties finding the carpark. After she arrived, the door was locked so that no unexpected visitors could entre the shop. Please remember when visiting Laura's Quilt Atelier, she is only open from Wednesday's till Saturday's, from 12 am till 4 pm. 

IMG_4536

One of the quilts in progress. The centre of the Madellion sampler. 

IMG_4538

Here is Laura & one of the ladies placing all the blocks on a bedsheet.

IMG_4540

The nearly finished centre.

IMG_4541

Another centre part laid out. They all look so different.

IMG_4542

The two ladies on the right are using the same fabrics, but the centre part of the Madellion quilt still looks so different.

IMG_4546

Here is the other quilt.

IMG_4545

Mirjam, you know, as she also does the classes with me at the Quilt Cellar (Quiltkelder) in Putten. Mirjam is using fabric from Den Haan & Wagenmakers.

IMG_4549

This is looking stunning so far. Can't wait to see how it looks when finished.

IMG_4550

Here is me at the cutting table. This is one nifty gadget. Hopefully, when I've secured my job/future, I can buy it. Don't want to spend any money at the moment if it is not necessary. So I'll just use my cutting board by laying it out on the dinning table.

IMG_4563

Here is Laura showing us the mirror trick.

IMG_4572

Lesson two is focused on learning to make the card trick block.

IMG_4574

After much consideration, I'll be using these fabrics for this block.

IMG_4571

The card trick block in progress.

IMG_4580

1 comment:

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, Dit wordt een hele mooie quilt maar wat een nieuws lees ik in je vorige logje. Ik zou niet graag in je schoenen staan in deze tijd. Heel veel sterkte en probeer toch maar wat afleiding in het quilten te zoeken. Groetjes en tot gauw.