Sunday, 21 February 2010

life changing moments

Just 10 days ago my company announced that  they had applied for suspension of payment & therefore will most probably go under. I'll be jobless soon, as will 140 other people. The time has come to choose a new carrier path. I don't know at the moment were this path will lead me but I expect/hope the outcome will be good. At the moment it is still business as usual, but it is quit difficult to be joyful & professional when others are deciding your future. Experiencing that others can decide your fate, is an experience I would have preferred not to have learned. 

This is the reason it has been a little quiet on my blog. I'm busy getting my working life in order. When life is a little difficult I find it hard to quilt, it doesn't soothe me. To be truthful I would prefer to lash out, but I have to remain calm.

I've nearly walked through the phases of loss: shock, distress, adjustment, and moving on. I'm ready to put my energy into the present and future. One of the first steps is updating my blog.

One of the reasons I'm finding it hard to let go,  is because I loved this job and I was good at it. I wasn't ready for a next step, but now I'm being forced. 

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Helen, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's especially difficult when you love what you do. I hope that whatever path you choose next will bring you as much happiness as your current job does.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. We here in Michigan are suffereing too. My son has a small business and I pray daily for him to be able to stay open. Hang in there. God has a grand plan for you.

sewkalico said...

Hi Helen, I am so sorry to read your news. I wish you all the best for your next career move. I am sure you will find something and I hope it will be something that you enjoy!