Sunday, 31 January 2010

What to do when feeling ill?? That is the question.

Friday I woke up not feeling so well. I've got a mild flu, so not to worry. If I'm correct, I'm not the only one. If you are up to date with reading all the blogs, you know that more quilters in the Netherlands have mentioned not feeling very well. There must be a nasty virus flying around.

Friday was spent sleeping, but yesterday afternoon I thought I would try to work some more on my feathered star block. 

IMG_4483  Me working on the center block of this block.

IMG_4498 Close up

IMG_4500 The front side of the center block

IMG_4501 As I'm finding it quit difficult getting this pattern right, I'm checking myself along the way by comparing my progress with an other finished block.

IMG_4502 The middle part is nearly finished and I can nearly connect it with the left part of the block. Sorry, didn't take a picture of the last part.

IMG_4504 A very handy tool. Clover is so clever. Getting the thread through the needle isn't a problem anymore.

IMG_4503

To be truthful, I still don't feel that well. So I'm going to have another lazy day, lounging on the couch. But before I close this post. I want to tell you of a surprise call I received. Facebook is a great way to connect. A quilter from South Africa is visiting the Netherlands, before continuing her trip to the US. I'm finally going to meet Ruth in person. We are meeting up for coffee, and maybe we might even have enough time to show her around. Looking forward to this.

5 comments:

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, Beterschap!En ik was nog wel zo bang je aan te steken. Blijkbaar is het virus toch de schutting overgewaaid. Toch weer een paar steekjes verder aan je feathered star. Elk steekje is er 1. Fijne dag vandaag ondanks dat je je niet lekker voelt en je laat ons wel iets horen over je ontmoeting met Ruth he?

Cathy said...

How wonderful Helen, to meet a blog friend! And you do beautiful hand piecing. I too have a terrible cold. It is 5:30 am and I can't sleep because I'm clogged again. Meds must be wearing off. Can only take every 12 hours, so have atleast 7 more hourse to go.

Enjoy your time with your friend.

Jackie said...

You have certainly made use of the time while being sick. So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. But what a constructive project to have in your hands while resting. Beautiful! That Clover needle threader is just fantastic, isn't it?

sewkalico said...

Hope you're feeling better. Your blocks look beautiful.

Ruth's Place said...

Hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to meeting you too!